|Just to add a few points about the 2nd Bn CEF - it was formed of men from Ottawa, Peterborough and Cornwall. During one of the major gas attacks in 1915/16 it held the right of the line while many allied units broke. For the remainder of the war it was known as The 'Iron' battalion.
One of its members, a Major Learmont, won the VC (posthumously) while commanding the unit and being wounded FOUR SEPARATE times.
The unit's war colours are laid up in St John's Anglican church in Peterborough ON. (IIRC)