RE: Infantry Phase Trg vs basic Infantry Training

you can actually do the MITCIP training over the course of one summer (In my
trade anyway) the theory being the remainder is taught OJT back at the
Battery.
The upside is MITCIP guys actually get training as a Recce Officer - a Phase
IV course and unavailable to Reservists unless the unit is willing to foot
the cost (man-days pay) for the duration.
That's the story out here in 41 anyway - doesn't seem to make sense does it