Re:

 Hi
I'm going to come in on the other side of the argument.  Canada has
demonstrated a lack of will to fight along side our allies in a serious
ground war. ( Gulf War)
So new tanks would not be the best way to spend that money.  We seemed
happy to take on those roles that had a minimum of risk ( no disrespect to
the sailors and aviators) so we should spend the money on updating the
equipment they will use, new Hercs seaborne Helicopters and widgets for
the CF-18s for example.
The Americans and the Brits were happy to take on allies ( arabs) who had
an equipment mix of similar vintage of our Leo/M113 team but for sure,
they didn't lead.
By letting the Leos go without replacement we're just admitting what our
allies already know, Canada is not in the serious war fighting business
Cheers
Grayson