Re: Kangaroos

Clive:
  I Know of no Kangaroos in Canada, however in late 1960s there were
modified kangaroos in the Camp Borden ARV Meaford area I remember circa 1969
at least four being worked on at Base Maintenance Borden and used in
conjunction with Combat Arms School Training.
  I was working with CAS Special warfare at the time never worked directly
with them but did observe them. the kicker was that I think they were
modified Sherman not Ram hulls. What happened to them disposal wise I am
unaware of. But at the time everything heavy in Borden was going to
Levy.That where most of Meaford ARV Armour went. The Camp attempted to find
Legions etc to accept some hulls but I think only two or three were sent out
free, One to legion in Collingwood and another to Legion in Meaford. ( That
Vehicle now returned to Meaford Training Area.
  Background information the Borden Museum has the a Photo album and
personnel Document's in binder of a Trooper MacLean?(unsure last name
spelling) Who was posted into what became 1st Canadian Carrier Regiment in
1944 excerpts from History original soft covered Regimental Association
History, and new hard cover edition. Documents include Service Books, short
History 79 Div. Photos of Canadian and British Girls, Mementoes etc,
Artifacts have a mint condition noncut out set of 1 CAR Flashes, Formation
Patches which includes Pacific Force Formation. Trooper Volunteered for
Pacific Force came home early granted leave and war ended while he was on
leave.
  A few pictures of Belgium/Netherlands but a fair amount of a laagered
Troop, some minor parades on Regimental photo all taken in Netherlands after
cease fire NWE.
  Many of photos also show after Regiment stood down some personnel wound up
in England at a Armored Replacement Depot ROC. Photos identify unit and very
much the fact that most British Personnel ( both Military & Civilian) were
female.
  I catalogued those items into collection last fall. However as I have been
laid off by Borden Museum I suggest you contact them directly
   Keith Lawson