Re: Clothe a Soldier/ TCCS Radio

As far as I know (as of Friday, 16 Jun 00) the TCCCS process was alive
and well.  Part of the miscommunication may have stemmed from the
changing delivery timetables, etc.  LFCA and SQFT are both being
outfitted with TCCCS at the same time, with a view of having a complete
"TCCCS capable" BG deploying overseas on Roto 9.  LFWA is somewhat lucky
inthat all the teething problems should be sorted out by the time we
start recieving this stuff in the up coming years.  Of course, the
Leopard C2 and LAV III come with TCCCS installations and there is some
discussion of whether or not it is compatable with our current fleet of
radios.
WRT the CADPAT (Canadian Disruptive Pattern) Combats.  I haven't heard
the delivery schedule or that they are misplaced.  Everyone I've talked
to have like the new combats and my experiences of seeing the soldiers
wearing them in the field is they do provide added camoflage
capability.  It's been a long time in coming for us to get camo cbts!
Lord knows just about every other military in the world have recognized
the benefits.