Re: Facts

the term you are looking for is "negligent discharge" and the standard fine
is $75, i believe.
From: Albert King <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Facts
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2021 23:33:23 +0000
True a lot of soldier from the airborne had a go at the units selection when
the
CAR was disbanded. When you say that the unit is just made up of ex-airborne
remember this, the CAR was some of the best the army had. In fact I'm sure
(although not speaking from experience) the best you could find in any
military
in the western world. They weren't trained for counter-terrorism, but as the
professionals they were, I'm sure they learned well.
The JTF2 is most likely more compariable to the U.S. Army SFOD, Special
Forces
Operational Detatchement Delta, or the "Delta Force." Both modeld after the
British SAS, both began as units to deal with terrorist threats, but Delta
and
I'm sure the JTF2 has expanded into a special forces kind of role. Remeber
the
laser target rumors last year during the Kosovo crisis? The CBC spent two
days
or so covering the JTF2's involvement.
The JTF2 Special Operations Assualters Course is supposted to be one of the
hardest courses to pass in the international CT/SF community. The unit, I'm
sure
cross-trains with allied units and takes part in their selection courses as
do
allies take part in the SOA. That should  include Navy SEALS.
But here is an interesting note: A while back 9 soldiers on the JTF2 SOA
course
let a few rounds go off after they had finished training. I guess that they
forgot to safety their weapons or something. They were charged for "improper
discharge of weapon" (or whatever it's called) and fined $250 (I believe
that's
the standard fine). Appearently the reaction from some militia personal who
had
read it was that in the CF there is no such thing as "accidently discharging
your weapon."