Re: P.RE Trudeau's War Service

Doubtless you will/should correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that
at least in the POST WW2 era COTC summer trg was only three months long,
ending at the end of July. During WW2??? Also, you should be able to
confirm for us that COTC was compulsory during the last half of WW2,
provided one was physically fit. Compulsory to the same extent that
service in the Reserve (2nd battalions of most infantry regiments for
example) Army was compulsory if fit, over 18 (to 45??) and in an
exempted (from conscription) occupation (railway steam engineer for
example) or classification.
I made the mistake of voting for him, once, in 1968 and I've been sorry
ever since. I just hope that someday my children will be able to forgive
me.