Richard Revisited/P.E.T.

Please reread my original post on Richard, et al, that started this
thread. You'll all see that I did not wish to dwell on Richard's lack of
service, per se. On the contrary I was pointing out that ALL the NHL
teams were able to continue playing and escape conscription, were they
all accident prone too?. My remarks weren't meant as an
Anglo-Francophone issue. (One could also wonder about all the Major
League baseball players down south and The Draft).
Regardless of prior injuries, I still find it ironic that he (and
others) were not fit enough to serve and yet could play 50 games of
brutal hockey per year.
And Powerful Pierre WAS in the Canadian Army!! He was a member of the
COTC unit at (I believe) McGill. Not so sure that he had any choice in
the matter or that he made a willing OCdt. Not sure that he was there
more than one year.
Ian Edwards (plus ca change ...)