Re: "Red" Sash

WO1s wore the officer's maroon waist sash with patrols or full dress; Sam Browne
with other orders (basically the same as officers). With unification and the
introduction of the CF green uniform, officers ceased wearing sashes so the CWOs
began wearing the WO's sash. Some units (PPCLI for example) have re-introduced the
officers sash and it is worn by their CWOs.
Cheers,
Alan Woolley