Re: 38th Bn CEF

Ian Edwards/Edward (heavy on the letter "s") writes:
Ah, LCol Wyn van der Schee: I'm damned by faint praise. Sins of omission
rather than commission. As a former RSSO with the Camerons of C you must
remember that the CHofO were often, how shall I say, considered as
junior cousins at best by the "older" QOCHofC. (heavy on the "C", heavy
on the "Q"). Not only that but the 38th Battn was not a Highland unit as
far as my limited knowledge goes. I'm a little suspicious of units that
try to stretch their lineage back farther than justified, even if
blessed by Ottawa. But, yes, I am aware of Officers who were in the 38th
who were also in the Ottawa Highrs.
Glad to see that you are occasionally posting helpful replies once
again. Call me in advance next time you are recycling tires up in
Edmonton and let's do lunch/supper. I need to tap your font of
information about a very rare 18 Brigade (or ?) formation sign circa
1950, Edmonton. Just to tease you.
Regards, Ian